Friday, May 17, 2013

St. John's waaaaaaaaaaaambulance service on high alert as tiny tots prepare to leap off the Shelf's rooftop.

Judgement day is upon us if you believe the Guardian. I suspect the actual proceedings to be less cataclysmic for us, the Arsenal faithful and the angst, despair and  shattered dreams to be once again the province of the tiny tots.

Launching themselves from the rooftop of their beloved White Heart Lane to reenact their team's nose dive back to reality, mediocrity and the cold hard truth that they are again, failures will be streamed live via ESPN to thunderous applause and a perfect 10 score for each face plant into the turf. Perhaps...  or that could just be the dodgy curry I had last night talking. Nostradamus I aint but what a lovely dream. Now I expect us to win, the dream part was a world without a Tottenham fan in it.. but i digress.

After a tale of two distinct halves, apparently interspersed by a few broken tea cups and a hairdryer, we found ourselves to be worthy 4-1 victors over Wigan. Apparently we spent most of the first half reacting to Wigan and their game plan, nullifying it (According to the Arteta of War, page 6 paragraph 3) Such was our success at this plan we forgot we actually had one of our own. Step up AW. Placing a firm Gaelic sandle into Arteta's midriff he was heard to shout "this is Arsenal." Thus we went out and the rest is history brave Spartans.

I don't think you can over state how important the early save ches made second half. All the more remarkable as old spaghetti wrists held strong, and the shot cannoned off his left paw and safely away. Theo played a blinder. for once in a good way. Poldi was unlucky not to get his hat trick, and while I winced when Ramsey took the shot you can't say more than GOAL!!!!! I think anyone would have been proud of that goal and not since Johnny "I hit the bar again" Jensen has the Arsenal had a player take so many shots and not score. So I was happy either way, probably more than Poldi but less than a Ramsey. Oh and Santi, the BFG and Kos, all played like they wanted to win. It rained and imports sometimes disappear in it, but the lads all sailed through that one with aplomb.

I felt for the Wigan supporters. Replay after replay showing the poor fan holding his beanie clad head in his hands, crying unconsolably in the realization that they were going down. Fair choked me up. I mean that by the way, I know I can dance for sarcasm but that really did hit me and tempered my elation at the scoreline. I expect to see Messrs Martinez and co back shortly. Why couldn't it have been Stoke!

So to the last day we have but to win. Should we need a play off with the Chavs I suggest it be at White Heart Lane. Just the matter of beating the barcodes (sounds naughty that) and we can once again relax into the comfortable knowledge that we are ready for the transfer merry go round being in both money and the championship League.

Come on you Gunners!


No comments:

Post a Comment